Tuesday 19 October 2010

Hail hurts!

The weather here has been beautifully sunny all day. Stephen and I set out for a short run this evening and the skies were still blue. They remained blue until we were about as far from home as we had planned to be. Then the heavens opened and within seconds we were drenched. Five minutes later the hail started! Ow, ow, ow! Thankfully I was wearing 3/4 length running tights and a t- shirt rather than shorts and a vest, but those hail stones really stung.

My beloved Garmin decided to pack in this evening - I am not a happy bunny! I went to put it on this morning and it was as dead as a doornail, refusing to charge at all. It was strange running without being able to tell exactly how far I had gone and at what pace. When I got home I resorted to MapMyRun and reckon that we covered 3.5miles at an average pace of 8mins 8secs per mile - which is much faster than normal, so maybe the hail made us run faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment