Wednesday 28 July 2010

Hump day!

Today is Wednesday, aka Hump Day!

This week has been fun! I've had to take Freddy to an intensive swimming course every morning, which really eats into the day. Yesterday I went to Glorious Goodwood, only my second time at the races and an absolutely fabulous experience. I went with a friend who is a small syndicate of 26 owners of a horse called Theology (who did very well over 2mi at Ascot). Being an 'owner' meant that we got to go into the paddock and talk to the jockey and trainer, and the other owners who include Liz Hurley (who is totally gorgeous but has runners calves - they are huge!) Theology was being entered in a shorter race than he normally runs and although he ran well, picking up the pace towards the finish, he only finished sixth, which means that he was in the prize money, but we mad punters who'd put a few bob on him didn't have much cause to celebrate! We did get invited up to a private box for drinks with Lawrence Dallaglio, celeb spotting all the way! Goodwood is a beautiful setting, and the weather stayed relatively dry for us.

Running.... I have done some! Ran 4 miles on Monday evening in midge infested humidity, and a long slog of 6.6mi this evening. We started with Brockham Hill (the clue is in the name) and tried to go at it too fast, I was defeated by the hill for the first time in months and had to walk part of the way up. It also meant that we were tired, tired, tired for the rest of the run. The scenery was beautiful as we ran down through Upper Froyle, we saw no cars on this part of the run (I never have seen a car on that road) but plenty of cyclists whizzed past us.

Tonight I have all my children at home, but for one night only! Joshua is home but tomorrow Kitty goes to France. She is very excited. I hope she has a lovely time and does try to speak some French!

No comments:

Post a Comment