Thursday, 2 July 2026

Day 23: Kongsvold to Ryphusan

Dinner last night was a disappointment, and an overpriced disappointment too.  I get that there  is nowhere else to go but the prices were more than you’d pay in Oslo or London. Still it is fuel!

This morning I woke to drizzle. The forecast had said that it would rain later in the day and I’d been hoping to get most, if not all, of today’s walk done in the dry.  It was not to be.  And it was cold.  Gloves and rain jacket were the order of the day! 

The first 4k was a challenging uphill slog with a precipitous drop down to the E6.  Amazing waterfalls and scary river crossings were encountered.  Few photos were taken, because the views were hiding.  



After reaching the highest point on the route,1314m, it was a lovely gentle downhill, in increasingly persistent rain, to the only accommodation available on this stretch.  


A converted cowshed, that sleeps up to 10.  It is not possible to book.  There is no mains electricity and no internet, unless you go down to the river.  Which you need to do to get water!  
Short blog today as I am cold and wet!  Not sure when I will upload this. 





No comments:

Post a Comment