Wednesday 22 June 2011

Oops! Long time no blog post!

It has been a while since I have updated my blog, we've had a visitor staying which means my access to my desk top has been restricted. I've thought of things I write here that would be witty and entertaining, but now that I am faced with a few moments to myself and a blank screen my brain has gone blank too!

I've been running a fair bit, I haven't managed any long runs as it seems rude to say to a visitor 'Sorry, I'm going out for a run - I'll be back in two hours!' I've kept the runs short but fairly fast and frequent. Diet has gone to hell in a handcart as we have been eating out most lunch times and cooking 'proper' (i.e. not 'just' a plate of roasted veg) meals every evening, oh, and enjoying the odd glass or three of wine...

Our visitor is the daughter of friends from San Francisco, who found herself at a loose end due to being let down by her traveling companion. It has been lovely having her here, although I do feel ancient, as I first met her when she was just a toddler and she is now 22 years old! We've been doing 'touristy things' that we wouldn't normally do. I have been into Winchester Cathedral for the first time! We went to Bletchley Park too. Although it can hardly be considered a 'local' attraction it is well worth the journey. So much history, so much to learn! I was left with a sense of overwhelming sadness about the way this country treated Alan Turing. I am grateful that most of society has moved on and the idea of chemical castration as a treatment for homosexuality now seems unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment