Friday 4 June 2010

Must remember not to post this to Facebook!

My poor car! Stephen reversed it into a tree this evening. Apparently the parking sensors didn't sound and the tree was hidden by the frame of the car! Ho hum, I guess we will be spending a lot of time on the 'phone to insurance companies over the next few days!

In running news..... I bought a Garmin Forerunner 405 this morning took it out for a run this evening (late after all the alarms and altercations). Ran 3.2 mi against my 'virtual running partner' in just over 28 minutes. My virtual running partner doesn't answer back or argue about which way we are going. I set the 'VP' at 8.55 mins/mile and finished about 25 seconds ahead of him.

I love the amount of detail the Garmin gives me about my run, and the fact that it automatically uploads to the computer. The GPS is spot on - no dodgy routes taking me through swimming pools and across tennis courts, and the ability to see when I was running at what pace is great! It really appeals to the inner nerd in me. I can even see what my heart rate was doing, and see when I had to stop running to cross the road. It does beep at me rather alarmingly - I was a bit scared to touch anything while I was out running incase it all went horribly wrong, but I am sure I'll get used to that. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating - or rather whether I can get my 10k time down from my sticking point of around 52 mins and whether I can complete a half marathon in September. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment