Tuesday 29 June 2010

Running Rite of Passage II

Today my toe nail fell off! It started to turn grey a while back, during a brief relationship with an unsuitable pair of trainers, but has taken weeks to finally fall off. I am now left with 9 toenails painted in sparkly red nail varnish and one toe with out a toenail to be painted. The result is not pretty and I only have open toe shoes with me! I am in France at the moment, mile away from my rather large collection of nail varnishes, so will have to pop out today and buy a pale, pastel shade so that my toe doesn't stick out like a sore thumb!

I had a lovely run this morning, although my left hamstring is playing up, so it was a slow, short (3mi) one ending at the boulangerie. I ran down to the Parc and got lost amongst all the roads and paths. It had rained overnight, so was cooler, but quite humid. Today we are off to the Musee d'Orsay (can't work out how to do accents on my friend's PC!) and maybe a ride on a Batobus, followed by a little gentle sight seeing (and nail varnish shopping!)

No comments:

Post a Comment