Wednesday 4 September 2024

Camino Day 10: Is this it for now?

 Brilliant communal meal last night, not a rubbery bit of chicken or plastic pudding put in sight!  Pumpkin soup, paella and a fresh salad, folllwed by home made cheese cake all washed down with red wine and enjoyed in the company of Laura from Australia and Paul and Bill from Ireland.

I was up and out before everyone else again for another rainy plod, I soon caught up with Joanna (Colorado) and Tom (Ireland) who had started in the next village along.  We walked and talked  together for most of the morning, chatting with others as we passed them. We stopped for breakfast at a cafe that had a choice of amazing tortillas- normally there is just one on offer.  The one I had was made with spinach and sweetcorn and topped with sliced tomatoes. Delicious. 

The scenery today was not terribly inspiring.  We seemed to spend a lot of time trudging along the side of highways and through the industrial outskirts of towns. 

I was doing OK, my right leg didn’t hurt too much until about 2 miles from my stopping point.   Then it was suddenly much more uncomfortable.  I told Joanna and Tom to go on and hobbled, with frequent stops, to my hotel.  That bit felt never ending. I did stop and buy a bag of ice on the way! 

On checking in I asked to add a second night to my booking and, so that I don’t need to move rooms, the receptionist put me in a studio apartment.  I have so much space, and a sofa!  Which is useful as I currently have my foot elevated and wrapped in a bag of ice (the other half of the bag of ice is in the freezer.  

I have no idea what I have done to my leg.  I haven’t fallen over, I haven’t bashed it - it just bloody hurts!  I will rest this afternoon and tomorrow before making a decision.  






















No comments:

Post a Comment