Tuesday 8 June 2010

Sod the housework - I'm off for a run.

It had been raining all morning, then just before noon it cleared up a bit so that there was just a light drizzle. I was supposed to be having a clear out (the boys have a clothing mountain in their bedroom as a result of the chests of drawers collapsing from overuse and general abuse) but couldn't motivate myself. That's what comes of not getting home until nearly 1 o'clock in the morning I reckon.

So, on went the running shoes and off I set. I am trying to take it easy after my fall on Sunday, but my hips felt OK. I went on a fairly flat route and decided I was going to only run for 3 miles. I misjudged the distances slightly and ended up having quite a long walk back from my finish point, but once I had stopped I couldn't start running again. It took me 25 mins 46 seconds, which is slower that my 5k split last Monday, even though I felt like I was running faster!

Tonight will be a quiet night in. Chicken salad for supper, catching up with 24 on TV and an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment