Thursday 20 May 2010

Is Café Gourmand the best idea ever?



I am just back from a few days in France. A bit of a girlie trip - two of us went to stay with a friend of mine in Maisons Laffitte. We had a brilliant time. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much! A full run down of our itinerary would either bore you or make you jealous, but we paid Mickey a visit (yes, without the children), strolled around Paris, visited Versailles, ate, drank and made merry!

We arrived on Monday morning and having left home at 4am and been on the go all day I did not manage to fit in a run, but I got up early (6am) on the other three mornings and went out for a run. I have no idea how far I ran, as the iMap thing on my 'phone wouldn't play ball, but I was out for 50 mins to an hour, running in La forêt de Saint-Germain-en-Laye or the Parc de Maisons Laffitte. The paths and roads through the park are all very similar, I thought I was properly lost this morning - but managed to find the route home eventually! There are several benefits of early morning runs in France. One is the beautiful sunrises, and another is being able to pick up freshly baked croissants on the way home!



It was refreshing not to know how far or how fast I was running. Just to be out enjoying the scenery, dodging yappy dogs and trying not to inhale too much second had smoke! My hip seems to be well on the mend and my right hamstring no longer screams at me every time I ask it to do a little bit of work!

Perhaps my favourite discovery of this trip was Café Gourmand. First encountered when one friend decide to be abstemious and 'only order a coffee.' She ordered a 'Café Gourmand' and a plate arrived with a cup of coffee, and an artistic array of small puddings! Delicious. We couldn't get enough of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment